Monday, June 14, 2010

Here We Go


Well I officially began my youth ministry at the church this week. These past few weeks have all been the build up to it and me laying the ground work to plan an event at the church for the youth to come to as a kick of week. So far I have met tons of youth from the Hartlepool area by going into the schools, youth centers, and other functions just to meet them and put the word out about this kick off week at the church. Also I have been asked to start a Sunday School type thing for the teenagers that are in the church on Sunday mornings so there is a start in that itself as well. So here we go! Ton's of them are saying they are coming and it is exciting. I'm praying that God will bless this ministry and that it would just grow and be fruitful.

Still, I have to say, it is weird being in this position. Kind of leading the way for the youth to come into the church. When only a few years ago, I too was one of the youth that would have rather of not gone to church on a Thursday night maybe. It's weird to see how God has moved me from being a totally dependent immature teenager, to a place where I am being used to lead teenagers to Christ. From where I used to almost idolize one of my greatest mentors, to a place where I don't see him as a mentor anymore, but rather a colleague, and a great friend. Although I have to say I don't think the maturity part has set in all the way yet. I think when we first give our lives to Christ, we feel like we suffer great loss, but in time, and when we look back, we see where God has moved us and how much more He has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment